Dark Chocolate Mousse, Cherry And Black Currant Compote, Cocoa-Almond Sablé
Photograph by Brishen Lee-Combs
(3) 16cm cakes | Difficulty 4 | Preparation Time 2–3 hours
- Chocolate Dacquoise
- Cocoa-Almond Sablé
- Cherry and Black Currant Compote
- Dark Chocolate Mousse
- Almond powder 285g
- Powered sugar 360g
- Cake flour 40g
- Cocoa powder 40g
- Sugar 270g
- Sea salt 3g
- Egg white 400g
- Sift the almond powder, powdered sugar, cake flour and cocoa powder together.
- Make a meringue with the egg whites, sea salt, and sugar.
- Fold the flour mixture into the meringue.
- Spread the mixture into a 40cm x 60cm frame and bake at 175’c.
- Cool and cut at 14cm.
- Unsalted butter 65g
- Powdered sugar 65g
- Sea salt 1 pinch
- Eggs 25g
- Vanilla puree 1g
- All purpose flour 85g
- Cocoa powder 30g
- Almond powder 25g
- Sliced almonds 50g
- Cream the butter, powdered sugar, and sea salt together.
- Slowly add the vanilla and eggs to the mixture.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and almond powder together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until it is combined.
- Cool the dough.
- Roll the sable out and cut disks out of 14cm.
- Place sliced almonds onto the sable and bake at 170’c.
- When the sables come out of the oven sprinkle cocoa butter on top.
Cherry and Black Currant Compote
- Cherries 135g
- Cherry puree 270g
- Black currant puree 160g
- Raspberry puree 110g
- Clove powder 2 pinch
- Sugar 85g
- Pectin NH 2g
- Pit and slice the cherries.
- Heat the cherries, cherry puree, black currant puree, raspberry puree and clove powder.
- Mix the sugar and pectin nh together and add to the purees at 40’c.
- Bring the purees to a boil.
- Add the soaked gelatin to the purees.
- Scale 200g into a 14cm mold and freeze.
Dark Chocolate Mousse
- Cream 36% 100g
- Whole milk 150g
- Inverted sugar 22g
- Dark chocolate 205g
- Gelatin 4g
- Whipped cream 36% 500g
- Boil 100 g of cream and milk.
- Add the softened gelatin to the warm cream to dissolve.
- Pour warm cream over the dark chocolate and inverted sugar and make an emulsion.
- At 40’c fold the whipped cream to the ganache.
- Fill a 16cm ring halfway with dark chocolate mousse.
- Place a disk of chocolate dacquoise along with a cherry and black currant compote disk into the mousse.
- Place more mousse on top of the cherry and black currant compote.
- Set another disk of chocolate dacquoise on top of the mousse.
- Spread a thin layer of mousse onto the dacquoise and place the cocoa-almond sable on top.